Benefits of the new ICTA Tamil Keyboard layout
· Based on the Renganathan layout
o The new Tamil layout is based on the Renganathan / Bamini layout, which is widely used in
· Uniformity implemented
o டி, டீ been removed, it will be generated like other similar letters such as கி,கீ,சி,சீ..
o All pure Tamil consonants (18) can be typed without using SHIFT key (ழ, ஞ also now can be typed using without SHIFT key)
o All Grantha letters are placed in QWERT row with SHIFT key combination in the order of next to each other (ஸ,ஷ,ஜ,ஹ,க்ஷ, and ஸ்ரீ)
o The Tamil numerals and Tamil symbols are placed with right
· The உ, ஊ modifier been implemented
o The scatted letters have been removed from the layout (கு, கூ, மு மூ.....)
· All possible Tamil characters / symbols are implemented.
o All Tamil letters, Grantha letters used in Tamil, Tamil numerals, and Tamil Symbols are implemented.
· Symbols like comma, full-stop, ‘,”,?,/,<,> are left in the same keys like English layout.
· Most of the characters can be formed without using the SHIFT keys
o Exceptions, ஈ,ஊ,ஏ modifiers and Grantha letters
· Unicode implemented
o The output will be Unicode
o Driver will be able to handle mistyped errors (such as ி cannot typed followed by a vowels)
|Tamil ICTA Keyboard - Final.pdf||75.75 KB|